Ahhh… Alaska! I love this place! A land of water and ice, mountains and stone.
These photos are from the following adventures:
- Mt. Roberts to Mt. Juneau ridge traverse (20 miles)
- Kayak Lake Mendenhall and ice cave exploration
- Taku Towers climbing trip
- Helicopter trip to the North Star Camp
- and some simple walks and hikes around town
Juneau is a special place, full of wilderness and beauty. It’s not an easy place though. The weather pins you down and only occasionally lets you up for sunshine. The wetness beats at you from under and outside of your clothes. If the rain doesn’t get you the humidity will. Once you stop moving, the damp draws the heat from your body and the chill sets in.