Pine Creek Canyon of Zion is a great slot canyon for someone just learning about canyoneering. It’s fairly short and non technical, has minimal swimming and good anchors. Zion Adventure Company set us up with wet suits for a minimal cost. I wouldn’t say that a wet suit is required, but it will definitely make the whole experience more enjoyable. You do, however, need ropes and basic rope experience.
- This is the first rappel into the canyon. Right now my wife is thinking “If I have to swim through stagnant, dead animal invested water, he’s never going to hear the end of it.
- Let the cussing begin. There’s no turning back now.
- A narrow sliver of sunlight warms up the moment.
- Hope you’re not afraid of the dark, and what might be in that dark water.
- Now how often do you get to see and rappel through a double arch posed in the middle of a slot canyon? Take a photo now!
- Hey Lisa, did you see that move “The Descent”? The one with the creepy people eating monsters that live underground?
- Gasp for breath now, that water is cooooollllllddddd.
- “Step into the light Carol Anne..” oh wait, wrong movie reference.
- Don’t look down now, but…
- Only some boulder hoping left. Almost there!