Web Development Process
The time line and process for each website can vary according to our clients need, but the below information will give you a general idea of how it all works.
- You contact us regarding your project.
- We will email you a “Getting Started” document. This will help us get an idea of the scope of your project. Do you want a new website or a just a redesign? Are you interested in branding, and logo design? Do you want an online store? All these questions are addressed in the paperwork. This will help you start thinking about details, time-line, cost and other factors.
- Once this is returned, we will set up a free half hour consultation.
- After that meeting we will have a better understanding of the scope and cost of the project. If, at that time, you would like to move forward with the project we will send you an estimate and contract. To begin work we require a deposit and the signed contract. At that time we will also give you a “to do ” list and go over the time line and deadlines for your project.
- Once we receive your deposit and contract we can begin work on your site.
Based on your information we will develop several mock ups. These will be rough designs that will help us understand the direction you want to go. Communication is the key to streamlining this process. Tell us if you love it, hate it, want to use a different color scheme, use different pictures? Now is the time to communicate these things. The more we communicate, the less you spend on this portion of the project. We can’t stress the importance of this enough, especially if you are on a tight budget.
While we are developing a design using the information you have given us, you can begin putting together the content for your site. Visual Adventures offers SEO web site copy writing for an additional charge. If you would like to use our SEO copy writing services, know that youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re working with the best in the online space. WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be happy to have a pro do the writing for you.
If you choose to do the writing we will research key words for the content and meta data. We use CSS-based coding techniques plus a few other tricks to make sites that are easy to update and perform well in search engines. This is currently considered the most preferred way to create a web site.
Building and Testing
Once the design is complete, we code it and begin testing it on the various web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.) We test on the latest version of the most frequently used browsers to ensure your site will display similarly on all the browsers. Keep in mind that web design is not a static process. So it’s quite possible that another person viewing the site may have a little different experience based on their screen settings, monitor and browser.
Finally, it’s time to make your site live and begin the marketing process. Hopefully this helps you better understand our process. If you need design ideas to help you get started, check out our portfolio page or head on over to our Search Marketing Page for more information about how we can help you be found.